When the weather is misbehaving and it’s cold and overcast, there is nothing better than heading to the kitchen to bake up some warm and delicious cookies. Our flavor of choice today you ask? Double chocolate chip cookies with walnuts and a splash of peppermint! These cookies are so incredibly rich and tasty with just a hint of cooling from the peppermint extract!
So join us in the kitchen and let’s getting started!
What you will need:
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
7. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Helpful tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
What do you guys think? Do you love them as much as we do??